Tri for Malawi
Join Malawian Ambassador H.E. Steve Matenje and participate in the Nation’s Tri!
The 4th Annual Tri for Malawi Team Challenge will take place Sunday, September 7, 2014 in the nation’s capital, Washington, DC. The Tri for Malawi Team Challenge is an annual AGE Africa fundraising initiative that promotes awareness and provides a creative opportunity to get involved and support girls’ education in Malawi. Tri for Malawi Team members pledge to raise between $500 and $10,000 individually for a total of $130,000 to support 170 scholarships for AGE Africa’s scholars. Each year, the Ambassador from the Republic of Malawi to the United States, His Excellency Steve Matenje, joins fifty athletes to honor our girls who walk a triathlon-sized distance every week just to attend school.
Register today! It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- Register for the Nation’s Tri on the Nation’s Tri website. Use the code “Dustin25″ for $25 off your registration fee. (Please note: the discount is ONLY intended for participants of AGE Africa’s Tri for Malawi Team Challenge.)
- Register here as part of the Tri for Malawi Team Challenge as an Individual Participant or Team!
- Begin your fundraising!
Click here for step-by-step directions on how to register for the Tri for Malawi Team Challenge.
DONATE TODAY to help us provide 170 scholarships this fall!
- $25 Provides a students a school uniform
- $50 Provides school books and supplies for one year for a student
- $100 Buys one bicycle so girls can get to and from school safely
- $250 Buys a library for one school (10-20 text books)
- $500 Buys one laptop for an AGE graduate to attend university
- $1,000 Provides one scholarship for one girl for one year
Check out our Athlete Resources!
- Tri for Malawi Check List
- Fundraising A to Z
- Tri for Malawi Calendar 2014
- Tri for Malawi FAQs
- Social Media Tips & Samples
- AGE Africa Why Forming Your Corporate Team for Tri for Malawi is a Win
- Registration Form (Offline) - Please send this completed form back to email@example.com.
About the Nation’s Tri: The Nation’s Tri features a course that winds through Washington, DC’s monument corridor in the shadow of the nation’s best known memorials and national treasures. This International Distance triathlon, sanctioned by the USAT, includes a 1.5K swim in the Potomac River, 40K bike course through DC, and a 10K run through Washington, DC’s historical landmarks with a spectacular finish! Please note, athletes must be 18 or over to participate as required by Washington, DC. For more information, please visit the Nation’s Tri website.
Please also check out the photos from 2013 Tri Weekend by visiting and “liking” our Facebook page. Feel free to tag yourself, post comments, and share the album and success stories with your donors and friends! Stay tuned for more information about the 2014 event. We look forward to running, biking, and swimming with you again this year! To sign up or to request information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
THANK YOU TO OUR GENEROUS SPONSORS!
Thank you so much to all our athletes, donors, and friends who participated in the Tri for Malawi Team Challenge 2013! Your support has helped raise over $112,000 to provide 150 scholarships and hundreds more with critical life skills and career guidance skills to ensure the brightest futures! Be sure to watch Ambassador Steven Matenje as he speaks with Voice of America’s Africa 54 about girls’ education in Malawi and his participation in the 2013 Tri for Malawi. You can also read about him in the Washington Diplomat!